Perched on an undulating cliff overlooking lnvestigator Strait and Kangaroo lsland, Matjala offers a special place to unwind in complete solitude. Leave the everyday world behind with walks on the private beach during the day and relax under a star-filled sky at night.
It is fully self sufficient with solar and wind power and set on 100 acres on Southem York Peninsula. The property is situated 1km from the main entrance.
Relax and let your mind drift away as you gaze out over the ocean, enjoying 180 degree panorama views. With 3 balconies to choose from you can always find a quiet corner to while away the hours.
Matjala has its own private beach with rock pools to enjoy and amazing rock formations to investigate and explore.
- enjoy watching a wonderful sunrise or a breathtaking sunset
- Sit around a camp fire and experience a night sky you have never encounted before.
- See Southern Right Whales cruising past from May to September or pods of dolphins all year round.
- See Kangaroos feeding at dusk
- For the bird watcher there are approx 140 species of birdlife around Southern York Peninsula. Just a few to watch out for are Honey Eaters and Mallee Fowls in the scrub or White Bellied Sea Eagles soaring over the coastal cliffs.